CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, September 15, 2012

39 weeks and counting.

These past few weeks have been a waiting game and have felt like an ETERNITY. It's crazy to believe that we are in the 'last' week of this pregnancy and could be holding our sweet little man any day now! Everything is good to go: the nursery is finished, the bags are packed, the car seat is installed.. all we need now is little Camden to make his grand appearance! But, to the ladies in our church.. don't worry. I think Camden has heeded ALL of y'alls advice and is waiting until his shower is over tomorrow! You guys win (maybe..) ;) I often have joked with people when they ask "when is he going to make his appearance" and respond with "why would he want to come out? He has a 24 hour buffet and a jacuzzi!" Sounds pretty comfy, right? Well, it's not too comfy for mama anymore! But I wouldn't trade all of the aches and pains for anything.. especially knowing he is right around the corner! So.. here's our hopefully last update!


How far along? 39 weeks

Total weight gain: 26 pounds

Maternity clothes?: mainly, yes.

Stretch marks? None so far! :) *fingers crossed*

Sleep: Getting worse this past week. But, I'm extremely thankful that I have generally had great sleep during the pregnancy. I can handle a week or two of some bad nights.

Miss anything?: Being able to do anything without this 26 pound bowling ball hanging in front of me ;)

Movement: OUCH! He is so crammed inside of me that, I hate to say this, but I cringe sometimes when he moves. It can be so painful at times. I know he can't wait to be able to stretch those arms and legs out!

Food cravings: Anything and everything. Now that he has 'dropped', I have more room around my stomach and constantly eat.

Anything making you queasy or sick?: Lying flat on my back, going too long without eating, getting too hot.

Gender: Boy!

Name: Camden William Gates

Labor Signs: At our last appointment (this past Wednesday), my doctor checked me and said I was in between 2 and 3 cm dilated, so maybe that will help once I go into full labor. I also let her sweep my membranes.. that just left me feeling crampy and miserable for the remainder of the day. These past few days, however, my braxton hicks seem to have quadrupled and I've been a lot more cramp. Maybe these BH contractions will turn into real ones soon ;)

Belly Button: outie. :(

Wedding Rings: On

Symptoms: Back and hip pain. Tired. Crampy. Frequent bathroom trips. Difficulty getting/staying comfortable.

Happy or Moody most of the time?: I've been extremely moody and irritable this past week, which I know is because I'm just so ready for him to be here.

Looking forward to: Meeting our baby boy!

Nursery Theme & Colors: Classic/calm.. light blue, white, and gray

No comments:

Post a Comment