CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, September 2, 2012

A Look at Camden: 37 weeks :)


So, a lot has happened since I last updated. First of all, my doctor sent me home from work. Because I had already dilated some when she checked me, she said she was afraid that working 13 hour shifts may have sent me into labor a little earlier than she thought was good for me and Camden. So, I ended up going out on medical leave two weeks earlier than the original plan.. but I'm not complaining too much :) It's been nice to have time to finish up some things around the house and make sure we have everything ready. It's also been nice to wake up when I want and sleep when I want (whenever I'm able). However, sitting around doing not much of anything is just helping me be even more anxious about meeting our baby boy! Hopefully, he will be here sooner than later! After all, I'm "term" now and good to go!

How far along? 37 weeks

Total weight gain: 23 pounds

Maternity clothes?: yes.. unless I'm in pajamas (which is quite often)

Stretch marks? None so far! :)

Sleep: Hit and miss. Some nights I wake up once, other nights I wake up 2 or 3 times. But I'm still able to sleep 'good' while I'm asleep.

Miss anything?: Being able to paint my toenails and shave my legs (and do a decent job). Walking without waddling. Not feeling like my stomach is going to read open. Breathing easily.

Movement: His movements have felt different this past week. Not really sure how to explain it, he's still moving a lot, just differently. 

Food cravings: Lemonade, lemonade, lemonade.. and this past week, I spilled all of my last pitcher on the kitchen floor.. :(

Anything making you queasy or sick?: Lying flat on my back. Everything shifts upward and I feel like I'm going to die. 

Gender: Boy!

Name: Camden William Gates

Labor Signs: As of my appointment last Monday, I was dilated 1cm and "a little effaced", as my doctor put it. I also woke up Friday morning with some funny menstrual like cramps (TMI, sorry) that didn't let up. So we went to L&D (after talking with my nurse) and sure enough, the monitor was showing contractions. They just weren't strong enough or close enough together to do much right now. Maybe that means I'm making SOME sort of progress?! The on call doctor said he believed it could be any day now, so we will see. I go back to the doctor Tuesday so hopefully she will have some good news! If not, we will just keep playing the waiting game ;)

Belly Button: outie. :(

Wedding Rings: On

Symptoms: Back pain, shortness of breath, pelvic pain/pressure, frequent bathroom trips, a billion braxton hicks (which I HATE!), and a few mild contractions.

Happy or Moody most of the time?: Happy and anxious

Looking forward to: Our next appointment and meeting our baby boy whenever he comes!

Next Appointment: Tuesday, September 4

Nursery Theme & Colors: Classic/calm.. light blue, white, and gray

No comments:

Post a Comment