CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Camden's here!

How old? 8 days. Born September 19, 2012 at 1:54pm. alb 8oz 19in and absolutely perfect!

Total weight loss since birth (Mommy): Down 14 pounds, so far. Still have 12 left before I reach my pre-pregnancy weight.. but I'm ok if I don't reach that. He's worth it :)

Maternity clothes? Pants, yes. My weight is distributed all funky like.. but I'll be back in those jeans one day!

Stretch marks? Never got any, and so very thankful.

Sleep: Knock on wood.. but we are actually getting sleep, and good sleep at that! The first two nights were rough, though. Now, Camden is sleeping about 4 hours then waking up to nurse then sleeping about 4 more hours before we get up. It's so wonderful! And I am sleeping comfortably! 

Miss Anything? I miss the day he was born. That was, hands down, one of the best and happiest days of my life. I am so thankful God allowed us to experience that day and I'll cherish it forever. 

Movement: When he's awake, he's a little wiggle worm! He loves to hold his own paci. He also likes to kick his legs a lot!

Food cravings: Not craving any food, but I drink water ALL of the time. And nursing has given me an excuse for my hefty appetite ;) 

Anything making you queasy or sick: No! Everything is perfect.

Gender: Boy!! 

Name: Camden William gates 

Belly Button: In again!

Wedding Rings: Back on. I had to remove them for delivery and I got swollen shortly after delivery and was able to finally get them back on today!

Happy or Moody: Happy. Beyond blessed. We have experienced love at first sight and a love that grows deeper and deeper every day. I feel like I could explode when I think about the joy he has brought to our lives. Angel from God.

Looking Forward to: Nothing. If I could make time stand still, I would. I savor every little moment we spend together. 3am feedings, dirty diapers, that sweet little cry. Every bit of it is so worth it and I don't want to miss a single memory. He will be grown before I know it (tearing up now thinking about it), and I want to enjoy him being a baby as long as I can.

Next Appointment: Camden: October 3; Mommy: October 24






Our delivery story: We went into the hospital 9/19 at 5:30am to be induced. When we arrived, they realized I was already having contractions every 3-5 minutes (we had been praying for this). My doctor came in at 8:15 and broke my water and checked me (3cm). I was given a small amount of Pitocin to keep my contractions regulated. At 9:00, I received my epidural (judge me if you must, but it was my best friend [until I got too much!]). Matt and I just laid around and watched TV as our families were in and out to visit. My doctor came back in at 11:30 to check me and I had progressed to 6cm. She told me she would be back around 1 to check again and then go back to the office for awhile. Dr. R came back in at 1 o'clock and checked me. When she did, her eyes got big and she looked at us and said "it's time to have a baby!." I had progressed to 10cm. It happened so fast and caught me off guard that I didn't even have time to panic, all I knew was we were about to meet our baby boy. At 1:54pm, Camden stole our hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment