CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Goodbye 2011, Hello 2012.

Wow, if I thought life would slow down after graduation.. I was W-R-O-N-G. Matthew and I have been SO busy the past few weeks. Here's a quick overview of what we've done..

-We had SIX family Christmas gatherings.. yes, six. We have such a huge family. We loved every minute of each one of them though! I also attended six Christmas parties this season. (Christmas is my absolute favorite time of the year and I love being with those we cherish).

-We celebrated our nephew, Hayes, first birthday! He is growing up SO fast. Seeing him eat his "smash cake" was absolutely precious. It was so fun and for a split second actually made me slightly and minutely anticipate parenthood. It can wait.. like I said, it was for a split second!

-We have looked at several more houses and are completely worn out. We are beginning to think God isn't quite ready for us to purchase a home yet, as we feel He hasn't lead us to the right one. We aren't giving up, however. But we are trusting that He will provide the right house, in the right location, with the right price, at the right time. His ways are so much higher than ours.

-My sister-in-law got engaged! Yay! I couldn't be happier for her. She also asked me if I would be her planner/coordinator. I also couldn't be more excited about that! We have gone to look at some stuff and started to gather ideas about the "big" things (date, colors, theme, etc). I am SO thrilled to help her plan and make her big day a fairytale!

-I have not quit studying. I take NCLEX (state board exam) on January 12. I have been studying like crazy. I am so nervous, but I know God will intercede and carry me through.

-Matt and I have continued to go hunting. We have had much more time to enjoy in the woods since his work schedule has changed so drastically since this summer. We absolutely love spending time together in the woods. It is so peaceful. Finally, Matt got a deer (today).. so we won't starve this next year!

-We welcomed in the new year in Meridian at the State Youth Convention. We only had a few students go, but we had a blast nonetheless. Between playing Just Dance, attempting pranks, and oversleeping.. we had a fabulous time bonding with our students.

So, that about sums up how we finished off 2011. With it only being a few days into 2012, I don't have much to say about it. However, I heard a great quote today.. "don't make resolutions, make COMMITMENTS." So for 2012, I am determined to be more committed to growing closer to my God, striving to trust Him wholeheartedly, and to love my husband and serve him as Christ commands me to.

I hope you all had a fabulous end to 2011 and a lovely welcome to 2012.

Love you all!
-Cait


No comments:

Post a Comment