CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 10, 2011

3rd & 1

So, I've let a few days slip away without blogging.. mainly because it has been cold and nasty around here and we haven't really been doing anything that would remotely be of interest to readers. However, the pace of our lives is about to get much quicker, especially mine. I say the word "pace" with a pun intended. I began training today for my first 5k. I'm doing a training program with my mom called "Couch to 5K". Being a runner in high school, it really makes me excited to get back into running.. for health reasons as well as personal satisfaction. We plan on running the St. Patty's Day 5K in March and then begin training for St. Jude's Half Marathon in December. Wish us luck! :)
Secondly, my life is about to get crazy as I return to school tomorrow. The title of this blog, "3rd & 1" reflects how I feel about my education in the year 2011. This is my LAST year of nursing school, and I'm looking at it like a football game (got to make it fun somehow!). I start my third semester of nursing school tomorrow, which I like to look at as a third down. After this semester, I only lack one more (thus the "and one"). Once fourth semester is over and done with, I will feel as if I have made the first down in a very important game.. the game of life. I can not wait to cross over that yellow first down marker and be DONE DONE DONE with nursing school. Excuse me if this sounds cheesy to you, but I like football.. and if I can find the slightest bit of glamour in nursing school by relating it to a football game, my cheesiness will be worth something.

I hope you all had a fabulous weekend and were/and continue to be safe in this gloomy weather!

Until next time, God Bless

Set, Hut!
-Cait

No comments:

Post a Comment