CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, January 21, 2011

Catching Up.

Wow, so it's been a pretty good while since I've last blogged. Well, like I warned, nursing school is back in full swing which barely leaves me time to remember to eat and shower. So, since I have a few spare moments on this Friday night, I decided to spend it catching you readers up to date...
...Nursing school definitely hit me like a ton a bricks. Unlike the past two semesters, we weren't "eased" into this semester, we were hit head on and full force. We have already had two tests, with another one in about a week. Also, we started our first clinical rotation this week, so it's been a hectic week around the Gates' household. Unfortunately, while today was supposed to be my first day on the floor with patients at Blair E. Batson, I was not so lucky on my way to the hospital. At the early hour of 5:30 this morning, as I'm headed to Jackson, two deer decided to conveniently leap in front of my car. The first deer cleared my path, but the second deer wasn't so lucky.. neither was my car. So, I get in touch with my teacher and she excuses me from clinical for the day and advised that I stayed home and regained my composure. I was, and still am, pretty upset when I think about the accident, but I'm also very thankful and fortunate that it was not any worse than it was. However, I will be without my "princess" car for the next few weeks as I have nearly the entire front end replaced. On a happier note, my Couch to 5K plan with mom is still underway. I honestly was not sure if I would hold myself accountable to running as busy as school makes me. To my surprise, I have found that I CAN fit exercising and eating healthy into my schedule and my physical stress has decreased tremendously! I advise all of you to find at least one area in your life that you can modify to improve your overall health. It has been one of the best decisions I have made this year! I don't have much more to catch you guys up on and I don't want to type away and bore you with the gruesome details of school.. So, I hope everyone has a splendid weekend!

God loves you
love Him back,

-Cait

No comments:

Post a Comment