CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 3, 2011

New Year. New Blog.

Hey! Well, blogging is definitely something new to me, but I figure since it's a new year, why not give something new a shot!? I always love to read everyone else's blogs, so I decided to make one myself! This blog will be used to allow readers to keep up with mine and Matthew's busy lives and what we are currently up to.

Before I get started blogging about 2011, I've decided to give a quick (if that's possible) overview of what happened in our lives during 2010!

Matthew and I got married on December 19, 2009.. which meant the majority of starting our new life together took place in 2010. Here's some pictures from our big day :)






So, after our wedding, we flew to New York City for our honeymoon. Being in NYC during the Christmas season was one of the most amazing experiences of my life. Not only did it feel like a "real" winter, we got to experience beautiful white snow and the gorgeous lights of the city. We had such a blast and hope to go back in the future.





After the honeymoon, we enjoyed spending our first married Christmas together with our precious families , as well as moving into our new home. It happened to snow on my birthday, so here is our home, snow covered. :)


Once Christmas break was over, it was time for me to start nursing school at Mississippi College. This was a huge adjustment, but I am so very thankful that I have such a supportive husband who was by my side step by step. Once my first semester of nursing school was over, we headed straight for the beach. Sadly, on the second day of our vacation, Matthew experienced a sever sunburn and sun poisoning, limiting our "fun" for the rest of the trip. Although we did not get to spend  much time on the much, having quality time together in our condo was a nice was of relaxing after the semester.

Matt spent most of the summer working with his lawn and landscape business, while I spent most of the summer at home. We took another trip in July to New Orleans as a small getaway. While we were there, we also attended the Michael Buble' concert (my favorite singer!). Our trip was wonderful and we really enjoyed walking around the city, eating way too much, and enjoying each other's company. When we got home from NOLA, Matt surprised me with a Shih-Tzu puppy, whom we named Romeo. He is now our child, and will be an only child for quite some time. :)







Once the summer was over, it was time for me to start my second semester of nursing school. It was a tough semester, but it flew by. Fortunately, I passed the semester with grades that were extremely pleasing to me. Once the semester was over, Matthew and I celebrated our first anniversary! We went out to eat steaks that night and then went to look at Christmas lights. Afterwards, we ate the top tier of our wedding cake, which, surprisingly, tasted exactly like it did a year ago.



Our Christmas season was wonderful. We decorated the house, hosted a Christmas party, and enjoyed doing Christmas-y things, such as wrapping gifts and baking (my favorite hobby!). We enjoyed Christmas with all of our families once again and had a beautiful time. We spent the day after Christmas packing for what would be OUR Christmas/Anniversary present to each other- a trip to the East Coast!  We left on the 27th and headed out for Savannah, Georgia. We stayed in Savannah the entire week of our trip, but we drove to other cities and spend the day exploring them. On our trip, we visited Savannah, Georgia, Tybee Island, Georgia (home of the film site for the movie The Last Song- it was very neat seeing all of the film locations for one of my favorite movies), Charleston, South Carolina, and Folly Beach, South Carolina. We had such a fabulous time on our trip, and when I have more time, I will dedicate an entire post to details about this splendid trip. We spent NYE and New Year's Day unpacking, relaxing, and eating.





Well, that's a not-so-short version (sorry!) of how we spent our first year of marriage! I hope you enjoyed reading about our fast-paced and exiting life. I'll be back throughout the year to update the world on what we're doing in 2011.

Until then, God bless.

Hugs,
Caitlin

No comments:

Post a Comment