CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, August 6, 2011

DIY: my Saturday projects!

Ok, so I started today out by going to a few garage sales EARLY with my mom and sister. To my disappointment, we did not find a single thing that caught my eye. However, we decided to run into Gateway thrift store and the Butterchurn in Clinton. After looking around for quite some while, I settled on some ideas I KNEW would be perfect in our home with a little makeover. So, here's what I got.. and what we transformed it into! Enjoy :)

Gateway thrift store- $2.00

..we added some hooks at the bottom (0.60 cents)

..removed the stars and the eagle
craft paint and brush ($2.50)



finished product- mail and key holder
TOTAL: $5.10
here it is on our wall :)

so proud of this!


brass candlesticks- $1.00/each
craft paint- $3.00
two candles- $0.88


with a little paint and new candles, they look perfect with my display on our bar!
TOTAL- $5.88

I also bought this cute little basket for $1 and use it in our bathroom to hold our washcloths now!



I had so much fun today finding old "trash" and turning it into "treasure." I love to save money and DIY projects are both fun and money saving. Hopefully, soon, I'll have some projects to share (because I sent the hubby to pick up some pallets for me today to turn into shelves!).


Hope you all have a lovely Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment